About the Service
A space for people to receive advice, guidance and signposting, alongside clinical support from our Clinical Psychology team, under one roof.
We provide better access to community and clinical support within Croydon. Designed for people who have not previously engaged with support, including BME communities, and people falling through the gaps of traditional mental health support.
A non-judgmental, person-centered approach to improving your mental wellbeing and areas of your life that affect your mental wellbeing.
Who can access the service?
Aged 18 and over, registered with a GP in Croydon, anyone who wants to improve their mental wellbeing and resilience.
How can I access the service?
For a brief conversation and evaluation of your needs:
- Drop in to the CHWS in person for a brief chat with an Advice Worker
- Call or email
- No referral needed
You will be provided with information on how to access specialist support for your needs, or be booked in for a longer one-to-one appointment.
At the space there are three core teams:
Advice, Guidance and Support Team
Provide tailored one off and short-term advice, guidance and signposting on practical issues affecting your mental wellbeing.
One-to-one psychological support for processing trauma, for those unable to access Croydon Talking Therapies or psychological support elsewhere.
Groups; Coping with Anxiety & Worry, Sleep and Self Esteem.
Recovery Space Day Team
A safe space to support your mental health, promoting wellbeing, social inclusion, and recovery. Supporting you to build your own wellbeing tool kit and coping techniques.
Plus direct access to Mind in Croydon and Croydon BME forum services and workshops and drop in advice from guest organisations.
How can we help?
Everyone’s situation is unique, these are the most common types of support provided:
- Mental Health and Wellbeing Support – From light touch conversations to connecting with our on-site psychology team, Recovery Space Support, Croydon Talking Therapies, and providing coping skills, advice and guidance.
- Housing – Understanding the housing application, repairs, and home swap systems. Connecting to specialist organisations.
- Finance – Mind in Croydon’s Welfare Benefits Advice Team and DWP drop in and signposting to debt advice and employment services.
- Domestic Abuse – Connecting with relevant support.
- Form Guidance – Helping you manage the anxiety of filling out forms, and provide check ins to support you with your applications. Common forms are PIP applications and renewal, Carers Allowance, Blue Badge and Council Tax
We hold a rolling program of workshops, and groups.
- Coping Skills for Anxiety & Worry
- Self Esteem
- Employment skills
- Cost of Living Advice workshops
Please feel free to contact us:
Croydon Health and Wellbeing Space (CHWS)
1st Floor, Whitgift Centre (Located next to Holland & Barrett store)
1 North End
When is the service open?
The Space is open for Drop-in’s:
Monday-Saturday – 10am-1pm
(excluding bank holidays)
Our phone line is open:
Monday-Saturday – 10am-5pm
(excluding bank holidays)
The following transport lines have routes that pass near Whitgift Centre:
Bus: 157, 197, 264, 468, 75
West Croydon Bus Station (B1) is 458 meters away, 7 min walk
Tram: Wellesley Road Tram Stop (5 min walk)
Train: West Croydon (9 min walk); East Croydon train station (10 min walk)