Thank you so much for all the help, support and kindness you have shown me. I’ve thoroughly enjoyed my time at Mind and have learnt so much as a trainee.
We thank all our volunteers for their valuable contribution to Mind in Croydon. Please note that all our volunteers (including volunteer/trainees) are subject to versions of the following documents which will be amended to reflect the needs of our different projects. Please note, the relationship between volunteers and Mind in Croydon is concerned with training/volunteering, not with employment. Volunteers including trainee/volunteers are undertaking work and complying with instructions as a trainee/volunteer, not as an employee. The underlying purpose of any agreement between yourself and Mind in Croydon is not to establish a relationship of an employer and employee but to enable you to acquire certain skills and experience (as a trainee) or to volunteer with the organisation.
If you require any clarification of the above, please contact the relevant service for further details.
Volunteer Positions Available
Active Minds Volunteers
Active Minds Group Facilitators
We are currently recruiting for Active Minds group facilitators. Anyone with qualifications in Yoga, Tai Chi, Pilates, Keep Fit, Run Leaders, or any other fun, movement-based activity is more than welcome to get in touch.
We are also recruiting for Buddies who attend the activities alongside the members, playing a game of table tennis, or badminton, or just chatting with them on a bench at the allotment. These valuable interactions can help to boost our members confidence and help them to feel at ease when attending.
Anyone interested in the above roles are more than welcome to apply using the application form below.
Counsellor Trainee Placements
Counsellor Trainee Placements
Counselling placements at Mind in Croydon provide invaluable opportunities for trainee counsellors to develop their skills and learn how to integrate theory into practice; enabling them to qualify on their courses, and gain enhanced clinical experience as a therapist.
At Mind in Croydon, we invest in training and mentoring to support your growth. Our dedicated clinical teams and qualified supervisors help you to develop your skills as you work with a wide range of clients suffering depression, anxiety, and other mental health issues. All our placement therapists work weekly with a caseload of three clients that fully supports your clinical hours required towards accreditation. All placements are currently held face-to-face at our office in Purley.
We take registered student counsellors, psychotherapists, counselling psychologists and those working towards qualifying and accreditation with BACP, UKCP or BPS.
To apply for a placement you must:
- be a trainee counsellor, student counsellor, psychotherapist or counselling psychologist in the second year of your study either on
a diploma/Degree/Masters/PhD course.
- be able to dedicate time for seeing 3 clients a week and supervision every 2 weeks.
- have a letter from your tutor or college to say you are ready for clinical work on a voluntary placement at Mind in Croydon.
- be in personal therapy and will continue therapy throughout your placement with Mind in Croydon.
For more information or to apply contact us on 020 8763 2064 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Recovery Space Volunteers Needed
Recovery Space Volunteers Needed
We are currently looking for volunteers who speak other languages and are willing to act as translators for our clients.
We embrace the multi-cultural aspects of the borough of Croydon and for this reason The Recovery Space are looking for people who speak additional languages fluently (all languages welcome) to join our team of bank volunteers to support our clients in crisis who need access to translation services.
The Recovery Space offers a safe, non-clinical, supportive environment for people experiencing a social mental health crisis and our “RS Language Volunteers” will help remove the barrier that language can present to accessing our service.
This would involve translating sessions live for our staff remotely (or in person where necessary)
so that clients in crisis can communicate with our staff.
All volunteers will receive training and will need to be DBS checked (we can provide this service) and will have regular supervision and check ins.
Contact email@example.com for more information.
Trustee, Mind in Croydon Board of Trustees
Mind in Croydon are excited to be looking for several new Trustees to join our Board. This is a voluntary position, please read the recruitment pack attached to this advert for specific information about the role.
We are a leading local mental health charity with over fifty staff and sixty volunteers and an income of around £2 million per year. Our services include advocacy, counselling, an information line, support services in the community and services that encourage people to be more socially included and to take part in sports and active lifestyles.
Last year we provided support to over 8,600 people, 1,510 were supported by an independent advocate whilst we raised over £1.5 million in unclaimed benefits for Croydon residents.
We have an ambitious strategy to take more services to more people across our community and we particularly encourage applications from people with lived experience of mental health issues and who live or work in our community.
About the role
- Working with the Board to promote the vision and mission of Mind in Croydon and enhance its profile
- Contributing actively to giving Mind in Croydon strategic direction, setting overall policy, defining goals and evaluating performance against agreed targets
- Exercising expert judgement and scrutiny for Mind in Croydon, contributing fully to Board meetings and sub-committees to ensure excellent governance
- Participating in decision-making, risk management and control to protect the charity, its clients, staff and volunteers
- Exercising integrity, creating a culture which helps to achieve the charity’s core purpose and ensure public trust and confidence in the charity
- Supporting the Chief Executive and wider senior team, where appropriate.
We are also especially interested in applications from candidates with the following specialisms:
- Experience in facilities and property management
- Experience in a human resources role
- Experience in safeguarding within a charity or the statutory sector
Closing Date: Sunday 26th November, 11.59pm
Interview Date: w/c 4th December