CLOSED – Health Engagement Officer (Croydon)
Health Engagement Officer (Croydon)
- 36 hours a week, Mon-Fri
- Salary £26k – £28k per annum (Depending on experience)
Living with a Serious Mental Illness (SMI) can reduce life expectancy by 10-20 years.
Join us on our mission to empower and support those living with a diagnosis of SMI to become more independent and able to look after their health.
This role has been created by a new pilot service within the Southwest London Local Mind Partnership (Mind in Brent, Wandsworth and Westminster, Mind in Croydon, Mind in Kingston, and Richmond Borough Mind).
About the Role
- You’ll work with Primary Care Networks, GP practices, Health clinics and existing local SMI providers.
- Your great planning, organisational and interpersonal skills will enable you to manage your team ultimately to successfully target and engage the 5% of hardest to reach individuals.
- You’ll work flexibly with service users to remove barriers that people living with SMI encounter when accessing their annual health checks.
- You’re a proactive and flexible worker
- You are organised and able to coordinate activity across the borough of Croydon
- It’s essential that you are an effective communicator, managing relationships and partnerships including NHS teams, Practice staff, clinicians and voluntary sector partners.
- Our collaboration across Southwest London enables us to transform outcomes for those with Serious Mental Illness.
- We are an equal opportunities employer. No job applicant or employee will be discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation.
- Many of our staff have lived mental health experiences and we encourage applicants who know what it’s like to live with a mental health problem.
- We have an excellent track record of delivering high quality services to a range of local communities across the boroughs we serve.
- We have a collaborative workforce that works in partnership with statutory and non-statutory organisations and a wide range of stakeholders.
Closing date: Monday 20th February 2023 9.00am
Please complete the following form’s and send to firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews: Actively Interviewing, last date likely w/c Monday 27th February 2023
Posted on: 8th February 2023